Sunday, February 6, 2011

Protesters in Egypt

Since the dawn of time there have been issues and decisions that the government makes without the consent of the people. Some people do not take action and some do. The ones who do may go out in the streets and organize themselves or just protest against the injustice. Today the people of Egypt have shed blood and tears against their unjust government and ruler. However, these protests have become very violent and been deadly. Arrests have been made and many have been beaten badly. I believe that protesting is the right action to take, however it should be more organized and nonviolent. When the police take action to break up the protesters they usually use a lot of force and inhumane actions. My belief has been that the police are supposed to protect and defend us and our rights not crush and take away our rights. Whenever a government becomes this way the people need to do whatever it takes to achieve liberty and freedom. My heart goes out to the peaceful protesters in Egypt and hope that one day the world would stop taking our rights and going against their promises.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. I agree its a shame that inhumane actions have to be made in order to break up the protesters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the dramatic phrase in the beginning, "Since the dawn of time". It made this post start out sounding intense from the beginning. I hope their protests pay off too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Egypt. Definitely doing my next piece on this. Very pathos-laden description here.

    Will

    ReplyDelete